Being stuck at home during the lockdown period can make cooking three meals a day quite a challenge. What’s more, finding ways to create healthy balanced meals can get tedious after a while.
Fruits and vegetables are a great source of Vitamin C, and fruit juice high in vitamin C can give you an extra healthy boost.
Try using juice in your cooking, or enjoy it chilled straight from the glass – these easy recipes from Rhodes Quality 100% fruit juices are all high in vitamin C so you can ensure you’re getting some goodness, with a lot of deliciousness.
Try these ideas for inspiration:
pineapple and passion fruit smoothie, apple juice granola, apple and kiwifruit salad dressing, easy pancakes with sweet orange sauce and a mango sunrise mocktail.
Easy Pancakes with Sweet Orange Sauce – goodness and delicious
● 250 g cake flour
● 10 ml (2 t) baking powder
● 1 ml (¼ t) salt
● 2 eggs
● 125 ml (½ C) sunflower oil
● 5 ml (1 t) vinegar
● 750 ml (3 C) milk
● a little sunflower oil for frying
500 ml (2 C) Rhodes Quality 100 % Orange Fruit Juice
190 ml (¾ C) Rhodes Quality Seville Orange Marmalade
19 ml (¾ C) orange liqueur (Triple Sec or Cointreau) (optional)
30 ml (2 T) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
125 ml (½ C) butter, cubed
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces in Syrup, drained
4 segmented oranges or naartjies
1. Sift the cake flour, baking powder and salt together.
2. Whisk the eggs, oil, vinegar and milk together.
3. Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the flour forming a thick lump-free batter at first, then as more liquid is added – a smooth pourable batter.
4. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan.
5. Turn the heat to medium and pour off any excess oil.
6. Add about 65 ml to 125 ml (¼ C to ½ C) of batter to the pan and swirl the pan around so that the batter settles in an even layer.
7. Cook the pancake for about 2 minutes or until the base is golden before flipping over the pancake and cooking for a further 1 minute on the other side.
8. Transfer the pancake to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
1. Place the Rhodes Quality 100% Orange Fruit Juice in a small saucepan.
2. Add the Rhodes Quality Seville Orange Marmalade and heat to boiling point.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer until slightly thickened.
4. Add the liqueur if using and the lemon juice.
5. Increase the heat and bring the mixture back up to just below boiling point.
6. Remove from heat and add the butter, one cube at a time, mixing each cube in well before adding another.
1. Layer the pancakes in a stack alternating with a layer of the orange or naartjie segments, the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces, and the cream.
2. Pour the orange syrup over the pancakes and serve.
A simple layered, easy-to-make pancake dessert, filled with fruity bites and cream. Topped with a sweet orange sauce.
The Plant Powered Show – the first of its kind on the African continent – takes place from Friday to Sunday at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC). The show will also incorporate a virtual component, allowing visitors from the rest of the country to take part. Below are just some of the highlights […]
Craigellachie Whisky held an intimate dinner experience at Marabi Club in the hub of Johannesburg’s downtown scene last week Thursday, the 24th of March 2021. Marabi was transformed into an oasis for the Craigellachie Dinner Experience – dressed in wildflowers and oak toned decor, transporting guests to a unique brand incubation. The award-winning scotch rebels […]
Save the dates! It’s time to celebrate the 10th FynArts Festival – an eclectic fusion of arts festival and winter school from 10 – 19 June. The programme will include a wide range of exhibitions, the Strauss & Co Series of Presentations and Interviews, a range of music and other performances, workshops, demonstrations, food and […]
Be sure not to miss out because, by simply adding an avo to your restaurant or takeaway meals, you could stand a chance of winning a share of R115 000! Competition details: From 09h00 Thursday 5th May until 22h00 Sunday 15th May 2022, you are invited to post a pic of your restaurant or takeaway meal, […]
Looking for the perfect activity to shower your mother in love and appreciation? Stir Crazy got the perfect Mother’s Day gift just for you. For the month of May, they are offering a special rate to all mothers that join their classes with their children. Book on the ’Mother’s Day Special’ in the cooking classes […]
Are you a sushi enthusiast? We are as well. But we love a great sushi special even more! If there is a half-price sushi special, you just have to take advantage of it. All-you-can-eat sushi? Yes please. We will be adding a summary of all sushi specials in Cape Town to this page. We will […]