Owned and run by German chef Harald Bresselschmidt, Aubergine is a sophisticated, intimate restaurant in Cape Town which combines a rich history with contemporary style, innovative food and classic service – whether you’re joining us for lunch or dinner.
The goal has been to create a culinary haven in the heart of Cape Town, a place that discerning locals and international visitors can return to for a unique, sensory dining experience.
The chef’s team uses fundamental cooking techniques combined with an obsession for balance, together with the imagination and artistry inspired by Harald’s creativity.
Aubergine serves timeless dishes, with Eastern and Western influences that take cognisance of seasonal flavours and local ingredients. Light, balanced food that excites your senses, piques your curiosity, makes you sigh with delight, and leaves you satisfied and energised.
The restaurant has always sourced fresh produce directly from farmers and trusted suppliers, ensuring the origin of the ingredients as well as the integrity with which they are produced. They strive to adhere to sustainable seafood practices where possible and use free-range meat and produce sourced from two organic vegetable gardens in Stellenbosch.
Enjoy 10% off your entire bill when dining at Aubergine for lunch on Thursdays & Fridays.
Lunch: Thursday-Friday 12h00-14h00
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday 18h00-22h00
An Exciting a la Carte Menu for Lunch & Dinner
- Chilled Artichoke Soup with mussels in tomato and tarragon dressing R145
- Sautéed Prawns saffron-angelica flavoured bisque, asparagus, broccoli and almonds R165
- Calamari with red rice filling, pickled daikon, herb salad, chili-coriander dressing R135
- Trio of Quail Breast, Leg & Scotch egg, yellow beets and spiced mango R175
Vegetarian starter/2nd course
- Karoo Goats’ Cheese & Asparagus Salad raspberry balsamic and walnut oil R165
- Burrata Mozzarella with aged balsamic, pepino melon and basil R155
- ‘Matar Paneer’ – Indian pressed cottage cheese with peas in a tomato masala, roti R135
- Pumpkin Ravioli with pumpkin seeds and oil R130 / R165
- Cape Sea Harvest confit in aromatic lemon oil with green vegetables, bell pepper-tarragon emulsion R225
- Pasture Raised Beef, lightly cured, sauce with forest mushroom R295
- Iberico Pork Rack in two styles with caramelised apple puree, French beans and Sherry sauce R235
- Lamb Baron from Riebeek Kasteel, rolled and slow roasted, black garlic, mint aroma, fondant potato R285
- Free Range Duck – confit Leg and fried Magret with baby leeks and pears R235
Vegetables for the Table
- Organic Vegetables tossed in olive oil R70
- Baby Beets & Potatoes, sautéed with desert salt and savoury herb R75
- Spätzle (German egg noodles) R85
- Cheese- South African Artisan cheese selection with condiments, nut and fruit bread R185
- Assiette of Ice Cream & Sorbet with a dialogue of seasonal fruit R160
- Chocolate Fondant, accented with litchi and mango, toasted rice ice cream R195
- Crème Brûlée accented with orange and cardamom, orange and sea buckthorn sorbet R165
Degustation Dinner Menu
5 course Menu R785 with Wine Pairing R1250
6 course Menu R920 with Wine Pairing R1460
Choice of 5 or 6 dishes
- Trio of Quail Breast, Leg & Scotch Egg – yellow beets and spiced mango paired with Patatsfontein ‘Patatsblanc‘ Colombard-Chenin 2018
- Sautéed Prawns & Game Fish with saffron-angelica flavoured bisque, asparagus, broccoli and almonds paired with Radford Dale Chardonnay 2017
- Calamari with red rice filling, pickled daikon, herb salad, chilli-coriander dressing paired with Aubergine Cuvée ‘The Lost Observatory‘ Carignan-Syrah 2005
- Springbok Loin Fumé with mulberry sauce, mushroom crumb, glazed chestnuts paired with Prime Spot ‘Tignes’ Cinsault-Cabernet 2016
- Langbaken Karoo Blue Cheese with preserved figs and pumpernickel tuile paired with Bein Merlot ‘Forté’ 2016
- Orange Grand Marnier Soufflé with matcha ice cream, orange and litchi paired with Iona ‘Noble Iona’ Sauvignon Blanc 2017
Coffee / Tea & Friandises
Call Aubergine on 021 465 4909 to book your lunch or dinner experience today, whether its with your loved one for date night or to celebrate an intimate celebration with the family.
Directions to Aubergine Restaurant
39 Barnet street
021 465 4909