If you haven’t heard about Retreat Yourself yet, and you’re a fan of yoga, pilates, running, callisthenics, meditation etc etc etc, you’ve come to the right place. This 4-day wellness retreat slash music festival has already got peoples’ hearts racing with their incredible line up of fitness fundis, vegetarian food merchants, DJs, entertainers and more. For info about the full shebang, have a squizz here —-> INTRO TIME.
- Scroll down to win tickets
Ok. Let’s get to the good stuff. Tickets are R850 per adult and R400 for kids aged 4 – 12, and they give you access to talks, workshops and all movement classes. To give you an idea of who and what will be there, here are a few of their partners:
- Restorative yin yoga with Lara Roux – The Shala
- Acro yoga with Marissa Dana
- Jivamukti yoga with John Mclnroy
- Kids Yoga with Julia McCann
- Kundalini yoga with Chloe Guilherminio – Shift Studio
- Callisthenics with Alwyn Marx
- Vinyasa with Andre de Villiers – The Yoga Life
- Hatha yoga with Bruce Chung
- Nia with Jillian Lambert
- Pilates by Robyn Borowsky – Corefit Centre
- Sticks and balls and games and shit with Richard Dean Sumares – The Crawl Project
- Sound journey with Vanessa Holliday
- Retrobics with Kristi Goodman – The Yoga Life
From wind-down flowy Vinyasa, to activating that core in pilates. The balancing act of Acro Yoga, to Acro Parter classes. Perhaps you want to be the Human Animal, which considers our similarities with animals through martial and expressive art forms, or you want to be a child again at “Sticks and Balls and Games and Shit” where you get down with movement puzzles, tasks and riddles and more (sounds like Survivor and I love it). Maybe it’s time you created your own sunshine at a yoga-meditation-life coaching workshop or you just want to lie back, relax and enjoy a facial or back massage at the enchanted spa. Whatever level you’re at, from beginner to advanced, you can find a workshop to suit you.
If you bring your own tent, accommodation is free. Otherwise you can book a chalet, a simple tent or a glamping tent on the site, as well as tickets to the Jarryds Brunch and Banquet Dinner, talks by health food author of Yoga Kitchen, Marlien Wright, and motivational speaker and innovator, John Sanei and more. But I digress, this is about fitness….
WIN A DOUBLE TICKET TO RETREAT YOURSELF
BUT WAIT, there’s more. We’re giving away a double ticket to the whole shebang, which gets you access to all the talks, fitness and more.