Father’s Day is all about Dad and one of the best ways to treat him is to make him his favourite meal.
So, whether he’s a brunch, breakfast, lunch or a lazy supper around the fire kinda Dad, we’ve got you covered.
Great recipes for any time of day, super easy to make and even more delicious!
If you’d like to make his day, find three delicious recipes for you to try:
- Brunch: Smoked Salmon & Mushroom Frittata
- Lunch: Duck & Mushroom Pancakes
- Dinner: Mushroom & Mozzarella Fondue
Smoked Salmon & Mushroom Frittata
Served with KWV 10 Year Brandy & Cold Brew Cocktail
- 8 XL free-range eggs
- 125ml milk or cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 200g baby spinach, stems removed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 250g portabellini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 100g fresh baby fennel, sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced and divided in 2
- 100g smoked salmon
- 60g soft goat’s cheese / soft cheese of choice
- To serve: Fresh dill & lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Place baby spinach in a colander and pour over a kettle of boiling water to quickly blanch the spinach. Squeeze out all the excess water and roughly chop.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron pan. Fry mushrooms until they release their liquid and begin to brown. Add the baby fennel and half the spring onions. Cook until just tender.
- Add the spinach to the pan and mix. Season.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Distribute things nice and evenly.
- While the mixture is cooking arrange the smoked salmon and cheese on top of the egg mixture.
- Once the frittata starts appearing cooked around the edges transfer it to the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set and the frittata has slightly puffed up.
- Scatter with the remaining spring onions and some fresh dill and serve.
KWV 10 Year Brandy & Cold Brew Cocktail
Makes 1 cocktail
- 50ml cold brew coffee
- 50ml KWV 10 year Brandy
- 50ml full cream milk
- 25ml simple syrup
- 3-4 coffee beans, for garnish
- In a shaker filled with ice combine the cold brew, brandy, milk and simple syrup. Shake well. Strain into a coupe style glass and garnish with 3-4 floated coffee beans.