Father’s Day is all about Dad and one of the best ways to treat him is to make him his favourite meal.
So, whether he’s a brunch, breakfast, lunch or a lazy supper around the fire kinda Dad, we’ve got you covered.
Great recipes for any time of day, super easy to make and even more delicious!
If you’d like to make his day, find three delicious recipes for you to try:
- Brunch: Smoked Salmon & Mushroom Frittata
- Lunch: Duck & Mushroom Pancakes
- Dinner: Mushroom & Mozzarella Fondue
Mushroom & Mozzarella Fondue
Served with Oude Molen VSOP Cape Brandy
- 8 slices baguette
- olive oil, for brushing
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, peeled but kept whole
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 400g portabellini or button mushrooms, halved
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Bunch of fresh sage leaves
- 300g buffalo mozzarella, drained and torn into pieces
- Preheat oven on grill.
- Brush slices of baguette with a little olive oil and sprinkle them with salt.
- Grill until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and rub with the garlic clove while still warm. Set aside.
- Heat a medium sized oven proof frying pan over high heat.
- Melt the butter and add the mushrooms, rosemary and sage.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Deglaze with a splash of brandy and flambé.
- Scatter with the mozzarella and place under the grill for 3-5 minutes or until melted and bubbling and beginning to brown. Serve immediately with the garlic toasts.