When kids (and Dads) want to spoil Mom on Mother’s Day, they also want to know she’s going to love what they’re making and knowing that they won’t even have to break a sweat.
We’ve found some incredibly tasty recipes that are not only delicious, but also super easy to make so even the kids can help!
Here’s to a wonderful Mother’s Day brunch treat!
- Mushroom broccolini potato tray bake
- Mushroom and Bacon Salsa Stuffed Avocado
- Boerewors Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushroom and Bacon Salsa Stuffed Avocado
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 100g streaky bacon, cut into cubes
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 150g fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- small handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved
- Fry the bacon in a pan over medium heat until caramelized, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the bacon fat, cook the red pepper and mushrooms until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Combine mushroom mixture with the bacon, fresh tomato, spring onion and coriander. Spoon into the avo halves and serve with lime wedges.