Mother’s Day is only a few days away!
When kids (and Dads) want to spoil Mom on Mother’s Day, they also want to know she’s going to love what they’re making and knowing that they won’t even have to break a sweat.
We’ve found some incredibly tasty recipes that are not only delicious, but also super easy to make so even the kids can help!
Here’s to a wonderful Mother’s Day brunch treat!
Boerewors Stuffed Mushrooms
Serves 4-6 as a snack
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 250g boerewors, removed from casings
- 12 Portabellini mushrooms, cleaned, stalks removed and reserved
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 150g full-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- In the meantime, heat coconut oil in a pan and brown the wors mince, stirring often, about 7 minutes.
- Finely chop the mushroom stalks and add to the pan with the chilli. Cook for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the cream cheese and parsley and taste for seasoning.
- Pack into the 12 mushroom caps, place into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until browned and bubbling.