Here’s how to drag the Old Fashioned into 2021
Yes, we said it, the Old Fashioned Week may be old fashioned. Okay, yes, it’s a classic, but perhaps it needs a bit of a shake up; not a massive one, just enough not to break a sweat.
In our view, the classic Old Fashioned perhaps has too many steps. There’s a lot of measuring, crushing, and pouring. It can really be trimmed down – giving you The Lazy Old Fashioned!
We know the Monkey bottle is awesome.
But its also crazy useful as a mixing jug. Just follow the below recipe and you will have12 cocktails perfected in less than 30 seconds, ready to be enjoyed at any time.
The Lazy Old Fashioned
- Monkey Shoulder
- Sugar Syrup
- Angostura bitters
- Orange zest
- Remove 150ml of Monkey Should Whisky from the bottle.
- Enjoy this neat, or on ice with friends while you use the 600ml for the Lazy Old Fashioned mix.
- Pour the 120 ml sugar syrup into the bottle.
- Add 24 dashes of Angostura Bitters into bottle.
- Now shake the bottle with all the ingredients inside.
- Take a marker and write Lazy Old fashioned over the label.
- Chill in the fridge, and when you are ready, pour yourself a ready mixed old fashioned over a glass with chilled dry ice and garnish with an orange zest.
- Now you have 12 cocktails in one bottle ready to be served
Monkey Shoulder Whisky is available at these participating retailers.