Heading into 2024, the trend toward mindful drinking has only continued to soar, largely driven by the gen-z consumer base.
With the growing demand for low-ABV and non-alcoholic alternatives, mixologists are stepping up to the challenge, crafting innovative concoctions that challenge the conventional idea of what a satisfying drink entails.
If you are the designated driver on a night out, or simply trying to limit your alcohol in-take, you still want to be able to fully enjoy your drinking experience – from appreciating the aesthetic presentation, snapping Instagram-able pics, to indulging in the fusion of flavours. These carefully curated alternatives allow you to do just that.
A key player in crafting the perfect low-ABV drink, however, mixologists’ best friend, ANGOSTURA® bitters.
- Its versatile flavour profile allows you to elevate your cocktail (or mocktail) in just a dash (or two) and adds that extra touch of sophistication. So, whether you’re the designated driver or simply choosing to savor the moment without the effects of alcohol, enjoy these refreshing low-ABV cocktails this January:
- 125ml soda water, ginger beer or sparkling lime water
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp simple syrup
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 6 dashes ANGOSTURA® cocoa bitters
- Lime wedge
- Mint sprig
In a collins glass, muddle the mint lightly with simple syrup and lime juice to release the oils. Add in the bitters, then fill the glass with crushed ice. Top with soda water, ginger beer, or sparkling lime water. Garnish with a mint sprig and lime wedge.
- 60ml orange juice
- 90ml pineapple juice
- 15ml lime juice
- 90ml ginger beer
- 2 dashes ANGOSTURA® orange bitters
- Orange slice
- Fresh mint
Fill a highball glass with ice, then add orange juice, pineapple juice and lime juice. Top up with ginger beer, then add the orange bitters. Stir to combine. Garnish with an orange slice and sprig of mint.
Angostura Rock Shandy
- Soda water
- ANGOSTURA® aromatic bitters
Add ice to a tall glass. Pour in equal parts soda water and lemonade. Add 5 – 10 dashes of ANGOSTURA® aromatic bitters and stir. Garnish with a slice of lemon and serve.
- 60ml fresh lemon juice
- 60ml orange liqueur
- 90ml cranberry juice
- 3-4 dashes ANGOSTURA® aromatic bitters
Fill a shaker with ice and add all the ingredients. Shake for 20 seconds then strain.
For more information on the Angostura range and delicious food and cocktail recipes, please visit www.angosturabitters.com.