Welcome to this Sort Of recipe.
Why Sort Of? Because we don’t really have quantities for you. It’s more like… inspiration. It really depends on your taste. So mix it up the way you like it and let us know how it goes!
Luckybird comes to you from the makers of Sir Fruit, South Africa’s #1 cold pressed juice, health shots and fresh cocktail mix brand. With 30+ years in the industry, the ever-evolving Sir Fruit, says that they’ve produced these syrups and purees to “transform regular life into flavourful living, designed to inspire and enable creativity, elevating beverages and desserts to new heights.”
We gave the Luckybird African Ginger syrup a spin (scroll down to see what other flavours are in the mix) and when we were toying with what to create, one of us was in the mood for a gin and the other felt like ice cream. So we did what any rational humans would do – put the two together.
The Sort Of Recipe.
- Vanilla Ice cream
- Whipping Cream
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Shavings
Start with the base for both:
- Halve the bananas length-ways and caramelise them on a low heat in a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Blend the ice cream, cream, half a caramelised banana, cinnamon and Luckybird African Ginger syrup.
For Non-Alcoholic Milkshake on the left:
- Toast the coconut shavings in a dry pan.
- Whip the cream.
- Add caramelised bananas around the glass.
- Pour in your milkshake base.
- Top with whipped cream, coconut shavings and a splash of Luckybird African Ginger Syrup.
For the Boozy Milkshake on the right:
- Add a shot (or two) of gin into your milkshake mix and blend again.
- Pour into a short glass.
- Top with a caramelised banana and a splash of Luckybird African Ginger Syrup.
And that’s it!
The Luckybird African Ginger syrup adds a nice whack of warmth. So start slow and add extra depending on how punchy you like it. Whether boozy or not, this is a crowd-pleaser for sure.
The Luckybird syrups on offer are Cranberry, Grapefruit, Passionfruit, Pineapple, Strawberry, Elderflower, Blueberry, African Ginger and Triple Sec; and the Luckybird purees include Mango, Peanut Butter, Raspberry, Strawberry and Blueberry.
For more info check out https://luckybirddrinks.com/
To purchase Luckybird syrups & purees, visit: https://sirfresh.co.za/product-category/drinks/syrups-purees/