Enjoy a wonderful day out in the Cape Winelands!
Leopard’s Leap stands out brilliantly white, modern and stylish against the backdrop of the Franschoek mountain range. The calming atmosphere and innovative food makes this a firm favourite for winelands natives and those who live further out.
Leopard’s Leap has a vast array of wines which you can taste at your leisure in their cool, relaxing tasting room. Choose from their Lookout, Classic, Special Edition and Family collection wines.
Here are some of our favourites:
- Chardonnay Pinot Noir: Turkish delight aromas shine in this fruity blend of cranberry, strawberry and pomegranate. Pair it with duck, sushi and soft cheeses.
- Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot: well-rounded and elegant, with lush red berries and subtle mocha and cinnamon. It’s perfect with lamb dishes with sweet mint sauce, curries and bobotie.
- Cape Leopard Mountain White: perfect for lazy summer lunches, this wine has layers of fresh white pear, pineapple and melon with a zesty passion fruit finish.
- Pinotage: the signature South African wine. Its crimson colour boasts juicy cherry and raspberry, nuances of nutmeg and black pepper, with subtle vanilla and oak spices.
- Semi-sweet: a blend of chenin blanc and muscat, this wine, with its apple blossom and subtle citrus notes and peach and pair aromas, goes brilliantly with spicy food and great conversation!
Taste these or any other of the Leopard’s Leap wines at their tasting room for just R55 per person from Tuesday to Saturday between 9am and 5pm, and on Sundays from 11am until 5pm.
Directions to Leopard’s Leap
R45, Main road
021 876 8002