The Patrón Perfectionists Cocktail Competition is a unique challenge for mixologists and bartenders to demonstrate their skills, expertise, and unwavering commitment to creating the perfect Tequila cocktail.
In a semi-virtual judging industry judges took to deciding the fate of one of South Africa’s top 10 mixology finalists.
The SA leg of the competition culminated in a Cocktail making Watch Party that took place of the 13th of October 2021, where judges and finalists watched the Top 10 showcase their skills on the big screen in an intimate dinner at Mesh.
The South African finalist was announced to be Cassandra Eichhoff, who will join other global finalists for the last round in Mexico next year.
- Cassandra, co-owner of the Cape Town branch of the European Bartender School, has been teaching the art of hospitality and mixing drinks to people from all around the world.
The school offers a fantastic range of courses that allows anyone, from beginner to advanced, a chance to better their skills, fuel their passion for the bar industry and become part of the next generation bartending family.
Eichhoff shared that she had not expected to win:
I was pleasantly surprised as I’ve been competing in cocktail competitions for over 6 years and this year, I finally managed to slay the right way! One of the best ways to ensure success in competitions is to tick all the judging criteria boxes. I’m well experienced in hosting cocktail classes and teaching people the dynamics of cocktails, so I hope I can blow the judges away at the globals with not only my sassy self, but also with my knowledge and hosting abilities.
You can recreate her winning serve, “Full Circle” by purchasing a pre-packaged Dick’s Cocktail Box to interpret their own winning cocktails in the comfort of their homes. Each Dicks Cocktail Kit comes with a limited shaker, cocktail set, ingredients and one bottle of Patron Silver and will be available for purchase while stocks last. [Shop online!]
Recipe for winning cocktail – Full Circle
- 50ml Patron Blanco/Silver
- 25ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 25ml Strawberry & Mint Syrup
- Black Tea Ice Cube
- Pour the Patron, lime juice and syrup over the black tea ice cube and stir thoroughly until well mixed (taste to see how the drink changes flavour as the ice melts!). Garnish with grated nutmeg and a dried pineapple slice. Cheers!
- The drink changes flavour as the ice melts. Garnish with grated nutmeg and a dried pineapple slice and Cheers!
Cassandra winner of each national final will be invited to fly to Mexico in January 2022 for a chance to meet fellow Perfectionists and compete in the global final at Hacienda PATRÓN. Now in its sixth year, the competition has expanded to thirty countries globally and continues to attract an increasing number of skilled mixologists whose creativity and flair knows no bounds.