Enjoy a mouth-watering meal at The Cellar Door, at Jordan Wine Estate in Stellenbosch, with your nearest and dearest to celebrate the special men that make your life a whole lot better!
Tuck into a hearty 3-course menu on Father’s Day designed by Chef Thys Esterhuysen that is sure to have everyone leaving with full bellies and happy hearts!
What on the Menu?
Kick off the meal with a pickled beetroot tart with goat’s cheese mousse, topped with a mushroom & walnut ragout and deep-fried leeks for starters.
For the main event you will have a choice between:
- Braised lamb shank, slow cooked in Jordan red wine, with sides of Parisienne potatoes, burnt aubergine with spring onion and mixed pepper bouquet; or
- Wild mushroom risotto with roasted peppers, tomato confit, and a light saffron & chenin buerre blanc sauce.
Then bring the feast to a close with a traditional Cape Brandy pudding served with fragrant orange & cardamom infused gelato and a hot beverage of your choice.
The kids will not go hungry either!
Kids under 12 can choose between our famous chicken or beef kiddie’s burger and one soft drink. Dessert includes a delicious chocolate chip cookie. The kiddie’s menu is R145.00 per child and can be selected during the booking process.
And you won’t leave empty-handed either! Each adult will take home a bottle of Chameleon Cabernet Sauvignon – Merlot, and a homemade Glühwein kit to keep the winter chills at bay!
- Date: Sunday, 19th June 2022
- Two seatings: 12:30 & 13:00, 15 pax per seating
- Venue: Jordan Wine Estate, Stellenbosch