Next time you’re in Paarl, known as the Pearl of the Cape Winelands, make sure to visit Nederburg’s beautifully revamped wine and food experience hub, The Manor, situated in the historic manor house on the farm. Here, the emphasis is on authentic, nostalgic food experiences featuring simple and unassuming, yet wholesome and hearty dishes with a touch of heritage.
- Full-flavoured, fresh, summer-inspired food, prepared by chef Maveer Thulsie and his team, are served inside the elegant manor house, outside on the stoep or under the trees in the lush garden. You can pair your meal with our award-winning wines for a doubly delicious experience.
- Regularly changing wine tasting options to knock your socks off. In addition to current vintage wines, Nederburg also presents Vintage Vault tastings, featuring very rare older vintages. Some of these are also offered for sale.
- Family-friendly picnics under the trees in the garden with an array of fun lawn games available to enjoy. Picnic baskets are filled to the brim with a scrumptious picnic fare and fine wines. Kiddies’ picnic boxes are also on offer. Pre-booking is essential.
- Wine Blending Experience. Play winemaker for a day as the experts guide you through the blending process. Learn the characteristics of various cultivars and discover why some harmonise better than others. Blend and bottle your own signature wine to take home. Available on request for groups of 6 to 24 people.
- Bubbly and oysters! Nederburg has recently launched a new tasting for summer, featuring its refreshing Première Cuvée Brut and award-winning Cap Classique 2013, as well as its Green Bubbles Sparkling Cocktail, each served with an oyster dressed with specific ingredients to match the flavour profile of each drink.
- The new Five Senses Wine & Food Experience, devised to indulge your senses, challenge your perception of flavour, and enhance your imagination. Offered at 11:00 and 15:00 every day except on Tuesdays. Pre-booking is required.
- Discover Nederburg’s rich heritage. The winery’s beautifully restored H-shaped, thatched manor house in the vernacular Cape Dutch style, a National Monument, features original yellowwood shutters, beams, doors and brass escutcheons. The front gable shows the date 1800, the year the house was completed.
For bookings and additional information, please contact Nederburg’s The Manor on 021 862 3104 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.