You’ve seen the tinsel appearing in the shops. You’ve also probably started to hear the musical stylings of Michael Bublé and Mariah Carey, as they come out of their annual hibernation.
Yes, it’s the time for Rudolf and his reindeer. It is time to celebrate the Festive Season, and the perfect spot is waiting for you at Radisson RED V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
Radisson RED Cape Town will present its very popular annual “Yes Ve-gan” Vegan Xmas menu for December 25th and bookings opened this week.
- This is the fourth year that the hotel will be hosting its Vegan Christmas lunch, and the meal will be served at the hotel’s newly renovated OuiBar + Kitchen.
“We aim to give guests an experience that will wow them and that they will remember forever. And we have exactly such an event planned for December this year which we cannot wait to share with everyone,” says the hotel’s Lead Chef, Andre Hill
“We are preparing so much more than just an enjoyable meal for our guests on the day,” says Hill.
“My team and I have spent a lot of time sourcing the very best ingredients we could get our hands on. We have put together incredible entertainment while we are showing people exactly what kind of magic you can make with a vegan menu. Trust me, you’ve never seen a Christmas menu like this.”
Cape Town has firmly established itself as one of the most vegan-friendly cities in the world. In fact, in one survey done a few years back, the city scored in the top 10 globally when it came to affordable vegetarian restaurants.
“We understand that people are making lifestyle changes and that they are looking for ways to live better and healthier. As a hotel, we need to make sure we deliver the product that our guests are looking for and the same goes for food and beverage options provided. We are very proud to support the vegan community in Cape Town,” says Hill.
So, what can you expect on the day? On the menu will be:
- Tinsel Treats
- Curry vetkoek, black pepper, and fennel rolls, seed loaf
- Vegan cream cheese & tamatie smoor, nori and garlic butter, pickled red onions
- Jingle Bells
- Summer pea soup, wild mushrooms, spring onion, mint oil
- Beetroot falafel, herbed quinoa, dukkah yogurt, paaper crisps, cucumber salsa, lemon syrup
- The Nut Cracker
- Smoked sausage, roast butternut, walnut & nut crumble, miso caramel, fried sage, oat milk tofu
- Frosty The Snow Man
- carrot cake, frosting, carrot puree, lime sorbet
December is a time for fun and festivity, and Hill says they have added arrival jolly juice, live music, and tons of Santa hats and crackers to the lineup for the day.
“Yes Ve-Gan” takes place on 25 December 2023 between 12h00 and 16h00. Tickets are R700 per person. Children aged between 5- and 10-years old pay R350, and children under 5 eat for free when accompanied by an adult. We can’t wait to celebrate with you,” says Hill.
Book your tickets now.
- Booking queries can be made via Quicket