To many of our relief throats, and bottle stores, are once again allowed to be open this August.
Just in time for this year’s National Rum Day!
But why end the festivities after just one day? Celebrate at home every day during the month of August with these easy-to-make, low-effort rum cocktails.
- 60mL dark rum
- ½ a lime’s juice
- A splash of pineapple juice
- A splash of grapefruit juice
- 2 dashes of Angostura aromatic bitters
- Your choice of Carbonated/Tonic Water
- Grated nutmeg and a cherry as garnish
- Add the rum, lime, pineapple and grapefruit juice, and the bitters into a shaker with ice and shake well until chilled.
- Pour the contents into a highball glass, top up with carbonated water and garnish.
Rum Babalu (for those with more of a sweet tooth)
- 60mL aged rum
- Lime juice
- 1Tsp of Maple Syrup, or its alternative you have at home
- 2-3 dashes of Angostura aromatic bitters
- Ginger beer
- Orange peel (optional)
- Add all the ingredients, except the ginger beer, into a shaker with ice and shake well until chilled.
- Strain the contents over fresh ice into a double rocks glass, top up with ginger beer and garnish with some orange peel.