Have you made plans for the Easter weekend yet?
The long weekend is nearly here which means the family will be gathering for an Easter feast. For some a religious holiday, for other’s it’s just an occasion to spend more time with the extended family. However you decide to celebrate, there’s bound to be a lot of food and we’re here to help highlighting a few delicious meals that are perfect to snack on or something for in-between.
Mushroom Bravas Recipe
- 500g white button mushrooms
- 500g potatoes
- Neutral oil for deep-frying
- Fine sea salt
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
For the sauce:
- 1 x 400g tin italian crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha
To make the sauce:
Place all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat and set aside for serving.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into 2 cm cubes.
- Pre Cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling water until just tender. Drain.
- Heat neutral oil over medium-high heat until a thermometer reads 200°C. Transfer potatoes to oil in batches and cook, until golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes onto paper towel and sprinkle with fine sea salt.
- Cut the button mushrooms into quarters and repeat the frying process until they are golden brown. Drain on paper towel and sprinkle with salt while still hot.
- Toss the mushrooms and potatoes together with the chopped parsley.
- Pile onto plates and serve with plenty of spicy sauce for dipping.
- 50ml Inverroche Classic Gin
- Dried Chillies
- 150ml tonic water
Fill desired glass with ice and add 2-3 dried chillies. Pour in the Inverroche Classic Gin and top with tonic.