Chocolate pairings. Canape pairings. Dessert pairings. We’ve had it all. But Fleur de Cap Wine and Die Bergkelder have done something a little different.
This unique experience pairs these high-end wines with artisanal, salted delicacies offered daily at Die Bergkelder – a range of locally sourced savoury treats, prepared using traditional methods such as curing with salt.
Fleur du Cap wine and salt pairings at Die Bergkelder menu:
Served on salt blocks, the parings on offer at Die Bergkelder include five Fleur du Cap wines.
1) The refreshing Unfiltered Sauvignon Blanc is partnered with sulphuric salt and dolmades made with wild rice
2) Unfiltered Chardonnay paired with rich green olive pesto and Black Lava Salt from the lava pools of Hawaii.
3) The robust Unfiltered Merlot with prosciutto or chicken liver pâté with caramelised Onions and Murray River salt.
4) The elegant Fleur du Cap Unfiltered Cabernet Sauvignon is paired with full flavoured sun dried tomatoes and six month matured Gouda cheese and Khoisan salt.
5) And finally, the Platter 5-Star Fleur du Cap Noble Late Harvest paired with delicious Maldon salted fudge.
Available Monday to Friday from 9am and 5:30pm; and Saturdays from 9am to 1:30pm for just R95 per person. To book: Nadia Ferreira on 021 809 8025 or email@example.com.