Cheep - Deals for the Hungry!
Spier Wine Estate’s Seaward Chardonnay is making waves.
The lightly-wooded wine has aromas of ruby grapefruit, mango and citrus with undertones of raw almond and a creamy palate of fresh citrus and nectarine notes with vanilla on the finish. As with all good white wines, pair it with white meats, seafood and creamy pasta dishes just like this one:
Creamy Smoked Chicken &Chive Pasta
- 15 ml olive oil
- Small bunch of spring onions, finely sliced (reserve some for serving)
- 1 garlic clove(finely chopped)
- 2 medium size smoked chicken breasts(sliced)
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 10 ml wholegrain mustard
- Salt & pepper(to taste)
- Generous handful French chives, chopped (reserve some for serving)
- About 200 g pasta of your choice, freshly boiled & drained
- In a wide pan, heat the oil and fry the spring onions and garlic over medium heat until they are soft and fragrant.
- Add the chicken and fry for a few minutes until lightly golden, then add the cream and mustard. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in half the chives.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat, then remove from the heat at once.
- Serve hot, scattered with more spring onions and the rest of the chives.
- Pair with Spier Seaward Chardonnay 2018.
The Spier Seaward Chardonnay 2018 retails for R110.00 a bottle and is available at the Spier wine shop and leading liquor outlets nationwide.
Directions to Spier
R310 Baden Powell Drive
021 809 1100