A light bread that is given warmth and depth through quite a substantial amount of beer. It’s great left plain, or in the final 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle on some grated yellow cheese and even some spring onion. Thick slices, slathered with butter are great for a gourmet sandwich and dunked in to soup, it is just fantastic.
- 4 cups of flour
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups of beer
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Mix the beer and egg and add to the dry ingredients.
- Knead together to form a firm dough.
- Place in greased loaf pan and bake at 190 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes. (Or until a skewer/knife comes out the centre of the bread clean)
- Remove from pan immediately and allow to cool.