I haven’t got much of a sweet tooth so I am not one to keep chocolate or cake or anything of the sort at home. However sometimes I do get that little craving which annoying knocks on the inside of my skull saying, “Hey Kayli.. *knock knock* yeah you.. pssst, Kayli. I want chocolate. Now”.
As much as I LOVE cooking, I HATE baking. It’s mainly because I hate following recipes and when it comes to baking; measuring and weighing and counting and all that boring stuff, is so necessary.
That’s why this Microwave Mug Cake is the perfect way to satisfy your chocolate craving, without it being a complete pain. I know it sounds strange, but it really is amazing. You have to eat it literally as soon as it comes out of the microwave as that’s when it is the most delicious. Don’t burn yourself though. It’s hot. And if you do burn yourself, don’t try suing me, I warned you.
- 4 Tablespoons cake flour
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1 Whole egg
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- As much vanilla ice-cream as you choose to devour (optional)
- A Mug
- This is a one bowl, urrr, I mean mug, dessert. All the ingredients (other than the ice-cream) go into the mug as follows:
- Mix flour, sugar and cocoa:
- Spoon in 1 egg
- Pour in milk and oil, and mix well to break up any lumps.
- Put in microwave for 3 minutes on maximum power (1000watt)
- Keep your eye on it and wait until it stops rising and sets in the mug
- You can either tip out the cake into a bowl or just put a scoop of vanilla ice-cream into the mug.
- You can also add chocolate chips or nuts or flavored liquor such as Frangelico to give it a bit of a twist. If you try any other additions which work out well, let me know!