Join the Kitchen Collective for a fun interactive cooking class this month!
The Kitchen Collective’s interactive cooking classes had undergone somewhat of a makeover during the past few months with lockdown in place offering virtual online classes where we cooked along in the comfort of our own homes. We brought our own wines and enjoyed a fun night, but it’s not the same as making new friends while sharing a meal together in a fully equipped kitchen at The Kitchen Collective.
The Kitchen Collective is opening its doors again for more fabulous interactive cooking classes – under strict hygiene protocols.
Dim Sum with Chef Kuan (2 October and 7 November)
- The master, Chef Kuan from Kuan Kitchen Club is definitely the highlight of this month. So much so that they’re adding a date on 7 November too! Learn to cook Asian like a boss from the king of dim sum.
Tantalising Thai (6 October)
- At The Kitchen Collective, they just love the balanced and punchy flavours of Thai food. Let them show you that it doesn’t need to be intimidating!
Asian Vegetarian (13 October)
- Asian cuisine doesn’t have to be full of meat. How does rice paper with Asian slaw, sesame, sriracha and soy with a peanut dipping sauce sound? Or butternut and aubergine yellow curry? Book for this Asian vegetarian class and experience griddled marinated pineapple with coconut ice cream for dessert!
Simply Seafood (15 October)
- This class will give you the scoop on all you need to know to perfect your seafood cooking. Simpler is better!
Plant based workshop with Arabella (21 October)
- Recipes include fonio balls in a West African satay sauce, samp coconut risotto, cauliflower puree with charred pumpkin, sultanas and almonds and delicious dessert of spiced apple loaf with caramelised pumpkin cream.
All in-studio classes are R750 for 3 hours and include wine, water, gratuity and snacks on arrival. Temperatures will be taken at the door and each person with get their own cooking station with plenty of space for social distancing.
Directions to The Kitchen Collective
80 Jordaan street
072 041 1038