A beautiful dish just in time for winter…
With the days getting shorter and the temperature dropping, it’s time to add a little heat to your life. This Chilli Con Carne recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner. Change up the seasonings to spice things up even more, or if you prefer it a little milder.
The most important thing is to have fun in the kitchen!
CHILLI & MUSHROOM CON CARNE
- 15ml oil
- 2 onions, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, finely sliced
- 2-5ml cayenne pepper (according to taste)
- 5ml ground cumin
- 3ml ground cinnamon
- 250g lean beef mince
- 250g Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 30ml tomato paste
- 410g can chopped tomatoes
- 500ml beef stock
- salt and milled black pepper
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- cooked white rice
- finely diced toppings: tomato, red onion, avocado
- fresh coriander leaves
Heat the oil in a pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until it. Stir in the garlic, chilli, cayenne pepper, cumin and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute. Add mince and cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes, or until the meat is browned. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes. Sir in the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and beef stock. Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 35 minutes. Add the kidney beans and cook for 10-15 minutes. Serve with white rice, diced toppings and coriander leaves (optional).