A breakfast favourite!
Breakfast is more than cereal and milk – especially if you need fuel for a busy day. Gone are the days when a piece of toast would suffice. Now we need something nutrient dense and tasty!
A mushroom and spinach egg scramble is just what you need. Packed full of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin D, iron and protein, some added paprika and mozzarella makes this a definite winner.
Mushroom & Spinach Scrambled Eggs
Ingredients: (serves 1)
- 30 ml butter
- 2-3 large brown mushrooms, sliced
- a handful baby spinach leaves (optional)
- 3 XL eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup grated smoked mozzarella
- salt & pepper, to taste
- smoked paprika, for sprinkling
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry the mushrooms until golden. Add the spinach and fry for half a minute until it just starts to wilt.
- Add the eggs and stir to scramble. While the eggs are still slightly runny, sprinkle the cheese over and cover with a lid to melt.
- After a minute, remove the lid and season with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of paprika. Transfer to a plate and serve at once.
And how fast was that to make? Enjoy!