It’s time to cook up a storm.
We’ve got another incredible mushroom recipe in the form of a mushroom & chicken quesadilla recipe to give you a Mexican flair the next time you make dinner for the entire family. Quick and easy to prepare, this will be a huge hit!
MUSHROOM AND CHICKEN QUESADILLA
Makes 1 large
- 10ml oil
- 1 chicken breast fillet, sliced
- 205g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 3ml paprika
- 1 (410g) can red kidney beans, drained
- 2 large flat wraps
- 5ml ground cumin or taco spice
- 100g guacamole
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- fresh salsa*
*finely dice 1 red onion and 2 tomatoes. Add fresh coriander and some sliced fresh green chilli if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken until cooked.
- Transfer to a plate and return the pan to the stove.
- Fry the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the reserved chicken and the paprika.
- Cook for 1 minute and set aside.
- Place the beans and cumin into a mixing bowl and roughly mash with a fork.
- Lay a wrap on a flat surface and spread the bean mixture on top.
- Top with the reserved mushroom and chicken mixture, guacamole, cheddar cheese and fresh salsa.
- Lay the second wrap on top of the filling.
- Heat a large, non-stick pan on the stove and slide the quesadilla into the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, turn (using a plate to assist) and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Alternatively, place the quesadilla under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes, per side. Slices into wedges and serve.