What better place to spend the festive season?
Tumulus Restaurant inside the Maropeng Boutique Hotel at the Cradle of Humankind is perfect for a pre-lunch drink or sundowner and a tasty, light meal. Be sure to stop by on a Sunday for their scrumptious carvery too.
Or their festive Christmas Day Lunch! Since this is where it all began, why not bring the family to re-centre yourself for the new year and remember what’s important? Come by between 11am and 4pm.
Christmas Lunch Menu at Maropeng
- Deconstructed Greek salad | assorted breads & preserves | white onion & chocolate soup with ciabatta
- Smoked salmon pate with smashed avocado | greek meze platter
- Curried gluten free pasta with sweet melon | beetroot & chutney salad
- Chicken liver pate | garlic feta pate| mushroom & walnut pate
- Succulent roast beef silverside | leg of lamb | roast gammon | stuffed turkey | battered hake | sage roasted chicken
- Steamed rice | jacket potatoes | gnocchi with mushroom sauce| zesty chickpea patties with tomato and herb explosion
- Baked spinach & feta | freshly steamed vegetables | glazed baby carrots
- Dripping beef glaze | cranberry glaze | mushroom & thyme sauce
- Steamed Christmas pudding | chocolate cake | choc chip cookies
- Crème caramel | petit fours | traditional malva
- Fresh fruit salad | marshmallow skewers | ice cream bar
- Mousse trio | strawberry sauce
The cost is R350 per adult, R175 for children 10-12 years old and R90 for children 5-9 years old. To book, email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions to Maropeng Boutique Hotel
Cradle of Humankind
014 577 9000