Introducing a new dimension to wine.
Quoin Rock Wine Estate brings an element of luxury to the Cape winelands. Wine enthusiast, Vitaly Gaiduk fell in love with the land on a visit to Cape Town and things haven’t been the same since.
Managing direction Denis Gaiduk explains: “As his (Vitaly’s) collection grew, he decided to‘paint his own painting’. He was looking to buy a wine farm in Italy but saw this amazing farm and fell in love with it. It took several years to improve the vineyards, with the aim being to create wine which would compete on the international market. Our Quoin Rock Shiraz 2015 is already a Top 12 Shiraz in South Africa – and this is a beginning. We want to create something big, bold and powerful.”
Winemaker Jacques Maree teamed up with the owners for extensive replanting and maturation processing, with white wines only being released after two years in bottle and reds and MCCs up to six years.
There are two ranges: the premium Quoin Rock wines and the more accessible Namysto – a celebration of African and Ukranian heritage. The 2015 Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon vintage scored high silver at the International Wine & Spirit Competition in London in September 2019 and then made the Sommeliers Selection (SA) before winning double gold medals at the Six Nations Wine Challenge in Australia and at the Veritas Awards (SA) presented in October. The Namysto Sauvignon Blanc Semilon 2017 won gold at the International Wine Challenge in the UK in 2018. The Quoin Rock Shiraz 2015 was includes in the top 12 at the 2019 Shiraz Challenge in SA.
Here is a helpful review to help you pick your favourite:
- Sauvignon Blanc Semilon 2017: This wine boasts tropical aromas of litchi and fig with crisp notes of melon and lemon, creating a refreshing wine.
- Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon 2015: There are initial aromas of red berries with hints of green peppercorn spice and layers of tobacco and leather, rounded off with rich plum, with a velvet finish.
- Sweet 2014: Expect dried pineapple and mango and refreshing apricot pips and honey, which is refreshing on the palate.
- Rosé 2019: Aromatic musk with red berry and boiled sweets flavours. Fruity aroma lingers on the palate.
- MCC 2013: Green apple, honey-oat aromas with biscuit and lime with interesting mineral characters.
- Red Blend 2015: Strong red fruit and prominent cranberry, with wood and tomato hints, which create a complex and dense harmony.
- Shiraz 2015: This wine is bold and big with jasmine, pepper-spice, melba-toast and sweet vanilla, with beautiful oak and tannin integration.
- White Blend 2017: Stone-fruit and fig-like aromas, as well as gooseberry and melon characters which contribute to a full, rounded creaminess on the palate.
Be sure to get your hands on Namysto or Quoin Rock wines for your next function or book a table at the estate’s gorgeous Gate Restaurant for the full experience.
Directions to Quoin Rock Wine Estate
021 888 4740