La Parada at Constantia Nek will host a fundraiser on Saturday 18th March at 7pm to raise much-needed funds for the victims of the fire that swept through Imizamo Yethu the previous weekend. The blaze, said to be one of the worst experienced in Cape Town, destroyed at least 3 500 homes, leaving around 15 000 people homeless.
The Cape Town community has come out in full force to show their support, sending donations and giving of their time to help the injured and homeless Hout Bay residents, but the scale of the disaster means that even this level of support isn’t enough.
As such, La Parada has announced a fundraising event on Saturday to raise money for DARG to help the animals affected by the fire, and Fire Extinguisher Balls to try to assist in preventing similar disasters in the future. Freshlyground singer Zolani Mahola and other Freshlyground members will be doing an acoustic performance, and Dino Moran and Will Travel will be DJing to keep the party carrying on into the night.
An auction, facilitated by Joey Burke as auctioneer, will be held to raise funds and, amongst other items kindly donated to La Parada for this worthy cause, the following will be available for bidding to raise as much money as people at the event feel able to spare:
• Artwork by various artists including bestselling artist Beezy Bailey,
• Two images taken by renowned fire photographer, Justin Sullivan, printed and framed,
• A sculpture by Janko De Beer,
• Weekends away at beautiful locations including Cellars Hohenhort,
• Luxury packages for dog owners from At Frits Dog Hotel,
• Wine packages from Flagstone,
• Fine dining experience from Cheynes in Hout Bay.
We chose these charities as council is really coming to the party with helping rebuild the homes at Imizamo Yethu, and the local community have donated heaps of bedding, toiletries and clothes. We decided to look at the prevention avenue and thus have 50% of proceeds go to Fire Extinguisher Balls. We chose DARG because they currently have over 80 animals from IY, many with burns and injuries and are running up vet bills in the hundreds of thousands. We have supported both humans in need and those who don’t have a voice and look forward to handing over significant cheques to both organisations next week. – Anthea Scholtz from the Harbour House Group.
There will also be QR Codes for Snapscan printed on posters so that people can donate on the night.
Sponsors of the event include:
• La Parada Restaurant for venue and event management,
• Tentickle Tent Hire for the Bedouin tent on the night,
• Dino Moran for PA system and DJ gear,
• Audio Laboratory for Stage hire,
• Zip Print for all printing,
• Justin Sullivan for images,
• At Frits Dog Hotel and Daycare Centre,
• Pongracz for welcome drinks.
Venue: La Parada, Constantia Nek (A la carte menu)
Date: Saturday 18th March 2017
For bookings please email email@example.com