Food connects people. What happens when a pandemic stops kitchen greats like Liam Tomlin and his world-renowned restaurants from doing what they love doing best?
They evolve, they grow, they dig deep, and come up with something even better. They are driven and so passionate about what they do, that not even an alcohol ban or lockdown can stand in the way.
Liam Tomlin and the Chef’s Warehouse Team, ever-expanding their fabulous selection of restaurants, have collaborated with Denise Cowburn-Levy from The Kitchen Collective and Ginger & Lime Food Studios, bringing magic to Interactive and Demo style cooking events. Chef’s Warehouse at The Kitchen Collective will be hosting classes starting in March with Liam and all the Chefs from his Restaurants. They will be demonstrating and sharing information on just how they create their delicious dishes.
The amazing Chef’s Warehouse team will also now be available to host your own special occasion or corporate event at either of the venues, for those who prefer a more intimate and private environment.
Taste of Local with Chef Lia Tomlin
R950pp – Wines by Deetlefs Wine Estate on the 20th of March from 10 am
Liam Tomlin will kick the initiative off with a TASTE OF LOCAL where he will showcase dishes from Mazza and La Cantina. Liam will cook a selection from the below:
- Mussels, Citrus Tea, Baharat oil, Apricots and Pine-nuts
- Turkish Lamb Kofta with Mint Labneh
- Smoked Cauliflower, Bastourma, Pistachio and Yoghurt
- Taboon Flatbread with Mazza Hummus & Crunchy Chickpeas
- Summer Tomatoes (grilled, smoked & pickled), Aged goats cheese with Pumpkin Seeds & Za’atar
- Fritto Misto with Lemon & Caper Aioli
- Gnocchi with Peas & Mushrooms
- Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli with Lemon Beurre Noisette
- Parmesan Arancini, Truffle Aioli
Full Schedule of Events at The Kitchen Collective with Chef’s Warehouse
- 11 March: Debut Chef’s Warehouse Pop up at The Kitchen Collective. “Très Leches” Sarah, Kelsey & Tayla share their Latin American Menu. Arrive anytime from 4:30PM to enjoy their menu.
- 20th March: Taste of Local with Chef Liam Tomlin (info above)
- 25th March: The Kitchen Collective will host Alan Clegg from Alexander Avery Chocolates who will show us how to work wonders with chocolate for an Easter Egg Decorating Class. Each person will make their own unique chocolate egg to take home. You get to be creative and sample a wide range of delicious artisanal chocolates – a decadent class indeed! Snacks and wines included – R800pp – Wines to be confirmed.
- 8th April: Ivor Jones from Chef’s Warehouse at Beau Constantia will be hosting a Risotto Masterclass – R950pp – Wines by Paul Cluver.
A full calendar of events will be released soon.
Note these classes will be from 5pm – 8pm (unless otherwise indicated).