Cherries have been called the nectar of the gods, a butterfly’s kiss, and the deepest wish of a hummingbird’s heart…
Here’s how to weave their spell into your very own elixir.
CHERRY LANE COCKTAIL
This sophisticated potion offers a balance between the sweetness of fresh cherries and the spicy hit of American Rye whiskey, with a zesty splash of citrus.
- 40ml rye whiskey
- 40ml fresh cherry juice
- 20ml Cointreau orange liqueur
- 15ml lemon juice 2 dashes chocolate bitters
- Place all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Add 1½ scoops of cubed ice and shake hard.
- Fine-strain over fresh ice into a tumbler glass, and garnish with a fresh Cherry Time cherry.
THE BUBBLES COCKTAIL
Want to get swept away in a more innocent encounter? This complex cocktail ticks all the boxes minus the booze, with bright top notes and a fragrant, herbal base of spearmint, thyme and rosemary to pair with homemade cherry cordial.
- 40ml Seedlip Garden 108
- 25ml cherry cordial*
- 25ml grapefruit
- Juice Non-alcoholic sparkling wine
- Add all ingredients except the sparkling wine to a cocktail beaker with fresh ice.
- Stir well, until chilled, and fine-strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Top up with sparkling wine and garnish with Cherry Time cherries on a stick or mini sword.
*To make your own dry cherry cordial, place 350g chopped and pitted fresh cherries into a large mason jar, cover with 350g granulated sugar and 5g citric acid, and leave for 3 days.
Give yourself the gift of fresh, seasonal fruit this summer, make sure you put ruby-red Cherry Time cherries on your shopping list this harvest season, which starts in November. Look out for fresh Cherry Time in selected PnP stores or have them delivered right to your door.